Name of company: Howdens Joinery Carmarthen
Introduction to company: With more than 700 depots nationwide and open 6 days a week, thousands of tradespeople, and homeowners alike, choose Howdens for their home renovation project.
Key duties:Foundation Apprenticeship (Level 2)
Health & Safety offloading procedures and company policy
• To carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment in accordance with Health & Safety Policy. To report all defects to the Depot Manager
• To maintain high level of security in accordance with company policy. To carry out the required security checks on all outgoing orders and deliveries, whilst adhering to Health & Safety Regulations and stock management guidelines.
• To deal with returns from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way
• To carry out daily/weekly stock checks according to procedure, to ensure an accurate computer stock file
• To understand and comply with company policy regarding damage controls and replacement part ordering
• To maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse, stock rotation and product group, cleanliness and tidiness in line with Company safety standards and expectations
• To participate as an effective and willing team member to achieve individual and team goals
• To ensure a safe and comfortable environment is maintained for customers and employees within the store. Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations
• To assist with any other reasonable request in order to fulfil the requirements of the business and smooth operation of the depot